Sunday 26 May 2013

Making of 'As'...

 




   For these four 'As's I chose to use the Braille symbol for as. There is a braille symbol for each letter of the alphabet, but there are also some short words that have their own symbol, such as 'as'.





   I started by making some braille blobs out of oven hardening Fimo. I did however make these all fractionally different in size and shape so I'm  not sure of my over-sized 'as's would actually be ledgible....
   I then affixed these fimo blobs to small pieces of foam board using a strong glue, which although melts the center of foam board does not affect the outside. Phew!
  

Once I had made the four 'as's I then went about finishing them in similar, but differing ways. All four were started with a knotted chord. my knot of choice was a Chinese button which results in two ends, I used these ends to conceal the foam board edges. I did however accidentally stab through the front of one of the foam board 'as's when sewing on the chord edge so I had to start again...           
   
     The final touch for all four was a thin strip of white sheepskin, which acts as a common thread throughout the four differing 'As's.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment