Sunday, 26 May 2013

Making of 'But'...



 When I had finally decided on the style of font that I wanted to use for this disagreeable word I found some large scale plastic canvas type aida material with a square grid and large holes.       
When I had cut the letters form the plastic canvas it was then time to embroider them with the colour of the sunset...                                                                                                                                           
   It was also time for some chocolate as it had been along day I needed it and it serves well as an incentive to work.                                                                                                                                 
I used a rug making technique for the pink fringing along the bottom edge of the letters to add a bit of variety to the overall texture of the piece.                                                                  
Now all that remained to do was to join the letters together into a word. For this I thought that the same stiff plastic canvas sewn into place would do the job nicely, however it did not, so I resorted to reinforcing this strip with a piece of clear Perspex. Then I looped some yarn, attached it to the 'b' and 't', and used detached buttonhole stitch (one of my very favourites) to disguise the join.                       
Yay, ready for hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment