Saturday, 25 May 2013

Making of 'Lips'

(My table top is melted and has dark nail varnish on it, its not incredibly dirty just so that you know.)


I started with a selection of Fimo teeth I had previously made just for the laugh, along with some nice red jersey that I found in the Textiles department's Aladin's Cave-esque stock cupboard in which any number of magical things can be found...
Once I had made little jersey tube-letters stuffed with wadding, it was then time to decide what kind of mouth these lips belonged to. When the right lips and teeth had found each other all that was left was to sew the teeth carefully to the lips. This was made more difficult by the fact that I had for some reason made the holes at the back of the teeth so small that only a hair-fine beading needle fitted through. Oh well, I found a beading needle, so all was well.


No comments:

Post a Comment